Mac Devices Blocked needing to be whitelisted

sealbon
Conversationalist

Mac Devices Blocked needing to be whitelisted

I have two maybe three different client sites that are now having issues with macOS devices. Internet access is almost completely disabled if I leave them on a normal policy. Once I switch them to whitelisted they work.

There are no logs from content filtering and no firewall rules applied. I was thinking it was the DOH rule but have now removed it. These are on 17.10.2 firmware. My large Mac client on firmware 16 does not have the problem.

Is anyone else seeing this?

3 Replies 3
Bo_Tang
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I believe a live capture is needed, sounds still most likely like a traffic shaping or firewall setting issue - please kindly open a case with us and give us a call - we can run backend commands to see whether the flow generated by PC was hitting any firewall rules

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Downgrade It for version 16.16.8 and all the issues will be resolved. We have a discussion opened about some issues with version 17.10.2.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
sealbon
Conversationalist

I did create a support case 09008940. I might try downgrading.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels