MX95 Setup

Solved
VNet89
New here

MX95 Setup

Howdy Meraki Community,

I have a pair of MX250 as a primary warm-HA pair in routed mode, performing NAT, IPS etc. Looking to deploy another MX95 pair to a smaller remote office branch. The branch site is across the Atlantic Ocean, and requires local pre-configuration and deployment prior to being sent, and ultimately delivered to site.

With no spare uplink, I decided to interface the MX95 pair to our core switch stack, utilising VLAN / routing configuration to forward traffic outbound to our primary gateways,Internet connection established (can be seen through the LAN setup menu). Rather than breaking an uplink to MX250 pair, I decided to 1:Many NAT the internal RFC1918 addresses assigned to the Internet (WAN) Interfaces on the MX95 pair. Each device has it's own, unique private address, which is then Nat'd to a unique static public IP address, using ports 7351 (UDP) and 7734 (TCP) to the Meraki confirmed Cloud ranges (as below);

64.62.142.12/32
209.206.48.0/20
216.157.128.0/20
158.115.128.0/19

MX95 pair are not able to communicate with the Meraki Cloud, despite my configuration attempts. Any advice / suggestions relating to configuring MX's behind another MX Firewall pair already in production, simply for configuration purposes is appreciated.

My only other thought, is that I configure the claimed devices within the Meraki Portal, and simply do a big-bang switch over, pulling the old Firewall NTE / uplink and hard-wiring this in after I have finished the configuration.

With thanks in advance,

1 Accepted Solution
VNet89
New here

Solved this by factory resetting the secondary MX95, MX's are now reaching the Cloud.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
VNet89
New here

Solved this by factory resetting the secondary MX95, MX's are now reaching the Cloud.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels