MX95 HA Failover

Solved
Bacon
New here

MX95 HA Failover

Purchased 2 MX95's for HA Failover at our new office and a fiber circuit with 5 usable IPs. Problem I'm running into is typically the carrier provides usable WAN Addresses, instead I have been given 5 usable LAN Addresses and find no where I would configure that in Meraki. Question is two-fold; 1) Did we get the wrong 'usable IPs'? 2) Am I not looking in the right spot in Meraki? Appreciate any help.

For instance:

• 1 usable WAN using 32.x.x.x/30
  • 5 usable LAN using 12.x.x.x/29
1 Accepted Solution
CoreyDavoll1
Here to help

Hi Bacon,

That 12. network should be routable.  So you should be able to use those to configure your WAN interface's and your shared IP with whatever gateway address AT&T has assigned.  Each MX will have their own IP and pair will have a virtual IP that is shared between them in the 12. range. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
CoreyDavoll1
Here to help

Hi Bacon,

That 12. network should be routable.  So you should be able to use those to configure your WAN interface's and your shared IP with whatever gateway address AT&T has assigned.  Each MX will have their own IP and pair will have a virtual IP that is shared between them in the 12. range. 

Thanks for clarifying!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels