MX85 HUB device Routing issues

Scott3
Comes here often

MX85 HUB device Routing issues

HI

I have a three hub network on AUTOVPN. with spokes connected to all three hubs. The hubs act as gateways to existing MPLS network. I connect all three hubs via BGP to the local mpls routers. 

I then set a default "internal route" that sends out to the spokes.

Trouble is one of the hubs  MX85 HA seems to be sending out the learnt routes from the mpls and now all traffic goes via this link as has better matches.

I cannot find out any detail why this is doing it and not the others. the other hub sites are larger and mx250 devices HA.

this is causing all traffic route via the smaller hub rather than the larger ones

the work around i have used is to disconnect this hub from majority of the network.

8 Replies 8
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What MX version are you running ? I think I have seen that issue in the changelogs

Scott3
Comes here often

Up to date
Current version: MX 16.16
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Would need to see more, like a diagram plus access to the dashboard/config to make any suggestions. Sounds like a config problem.

Ryan / Meraki SE

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solved your problem click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.

Hi have case  07969187 open for this, should have access to network

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

"MX85 HA seems to be sending out the learnt routes from the mpls"

Its advertising into autovpn?or mpls routes are advertised back to the mpls router?

All mpls routers are in the same bgp as?

You have not ticket the allow transit box at the bgp config?

Scott3
Comes here often

Yes it seems to be advertising the mpls routes out to the spokes but only from the mx85 hub. We do not have allow transit ticket on the BGP config, and all peers to the hubs are in same AS. 

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That sounds normal. On the spoke you should see the routes from the hub that is first selected on that spoke side. Is the mx85 on top of that list?

Scott3
Comes here often

Hi no it was tertiary in some cases.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels