MX84 does not show up in Dashboard

Merz
Comes here often

MX84 does not show up in Dashboard

Hi Community,

I am trying to set up Meraki MX84 and MR42 at home.

1st option I tried: connected MX84 to Asus router (using Ethernet port on router) - result: MX84 shows connected to cloud (led is white and management console says connected) and I see that IP is assigned to MX but NO traffic is passing through. Dashboard says 'Never connected'. Wondering which cloud device is connected to...

2nd option: connected MX84 directly to modem - result: the same. Console says it's Healthy and connected to Cloud, but never show up in the Dashboard. Literally no traffic is running through MX device. 

Contacted support but they are asking me to 'Download support data' but I do not have anything closely like that in Management console. Configure tab ends with Web proxy section. That's it. 

I suspect that I have very old firmware on this device and probably it needs update and I thought that as soon as it thinks it's connected to cloud, it will receive update firmware, but alas. Obviously, there is no internet running through. Called Xfinity support to check if they block something, but they gave blood oath that they don't. 

Asking here from smart folks what can I do else to make it work. Thanks!

4 Replies 4
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you tried resetting it by holding the reset button with a paperclip? 

Merz
Comes here often

you know, that button does not work at my device. I tried holding it for 15 sec. and more several times but no reaction at all. Light just stays on with no reaction. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Does the serial number of the physical MX you are looking at match the serial number of the MX you can see in your dashboard?

Make sure you have the MX configured in "Routed" mode in the dashboard.

PhilipDAth_0-1660510470236.png

Merz
Comes here often

Yes, MX is in Routed mode. 

Serial number is the same but Mac address is slightly different. I guess this is ok? Like "...2c..." in the device vs "...2b..." in Dashboard. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels