MX84 and MS330 bricked suddenly

salman
Just browsing

MX84 and MS330 bricked suddenly

I had 2 recent incidents where the device just went down, only static Amber LED power light is showing, and nothing is working even the Reset button.

The first one was couple of months ago with my MS350 switch. It suddenly bricked and I end up doing RMA. The Second one was today, my MX84 had the same exact symptoms. We end up requesting RMA after we went through all the TS we can do. Now I have too many questions.. did any faced that ? Probably after firmware upgrade ?

lucky I got an MX64w to use until I receive the RMA

3 Replies 3
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @salman , I guess you could call yourself unlucky to have two devices get bricked....! 😁

Any reasons given as to why both devices failed?

Out of interest how quickly did you receive the replacement switch?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

@salman  Are the devices connected using a UPS? What is the power quality like in your area? i.e. could it be brown outs causing the issues.

Having two very different devices fail with exactly the same symptoms sounds to me like its location based. 

Hi 

The power in my area is good. And correct I use UPS (APC) 

do you think the UPS is Malfunctioning, and causing power fluctuation ? 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels