MX84 Management port configuration

SOLVED
BBDave
Getting noticed

MX84 Management port configuration

Hi All,

Does anyone have any docs on setting up the management port on a MX84 appliance as the only one I can find looks nothing like what I'm seeing on the web interface.

Thanks

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is no dedicated management port on Meraki MX. Welcome to the wonderful world of Cloud managed IT! 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BBDave
Getting noticed

Is the management port just a console port like you have on a switch? for connecting directly I wonder.

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is no dedicated management port on Meraki MX. Welcome to the wonderful world of Cloud managed IT! 🙂

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

@CptnCrnch wrote:

Um...

image.png

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Well, umm... 😕

I was referring to management port like "good old days, completely out of band".

Nash
Kind of a big deal

@BBDave wrote:

Is the management port just a console port like you have on a switch? for connecting directly I wonder.

On some models of MX, yes. The 60 line doesn't have management ports, but the larger rack-mountable units should. It's for accessing the local status page.

BBDave
Getting noticed

Hi All,

Thanks for all the replies.  I think I answer my own question.

Thanks

Dave

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels