MX68CW

AshwiniY1628
Conversationalist

MX68CW

We have decided to use Meraki  MX68CW for our all small sites deployment. However, this tech is bit new for me.

Can MX68CW be used as wireless as well as L3 device ?

If yes , then how many users can get connected to MX for wifi access in small room.

Will it cover entire room with dimensions L - 5mtr W - 7mtr.

2 Replies 2
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@AshwiniY1628 wrote:

Can MX68CW be used as wireless as well as L3 device ?

Yes, but the Wireless is very limited compared to the WLAN on the MR access-points. That is the reason I typically plan for the non-W devices and add an additional AP. For sure it is more expensive, but the limits are IMO too restrictive. And the embedded WLAN is only WiFi-5.

If yes , then how many users can get connected to MX for wifi access in small room.

Will it cover entire room with dimensions L - 5mtr W - 7mtr.

On an MX64W I had about 30 devices connected, but only a few transmitting regularly data. That worked ok. For an MX68W I would also not plan for more devices. The operation in a single room of the given size should be perfectly fine. For multi-room-coverage I would plan for extra APs and an MX without WLAN. Do not mix MX devices with WLAN and extra APs. They will be independent WLANs without any RRM or fast roaming.

@KarstenI thanks for sharing the above information 🙂

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels