MX68 Port Labeling

HalfPint
Conversationalist

MX68 Port Labeling

Are there plans to allow port labeling on these smaller firewall appliances? I just got a couple MX68's and would love to be able to label each port and what the endpoint device is. It would be nice to be able to hover over the ports and have it display "Port 11 - Device XYZ" etc

HalfPint_0-1704761614394.png

You could add a section here under Addressing & VLAN where you could add a small "description" field

HalfPint_0-1704761706656.png

Cheers,

Drew

2 Replies 2
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As far as I'm aware it's not roadmapped.

There are a number of limitations of MX ports vs MS ports, including setting names and identifying what is connected to it.

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Today that is not an option. Hopefully one day it will be. What I always do with MX’s is use the notes field to list out the port mappings for both the WAN and LAN ports. I know it’s not exactly what you’re seeking, but it at least gets some information in there which can hopefully be helpful to admins. 

Ryan / Meraki SE

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "Accept as Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels