MX68 - 14.50 - RTP Packets not forwarding, weird NAT issues

FuzzyBoots
Conversationalist

MX68 - 14.50 - RTP Packets not forwarding, weird NAT issues

Hello,

I've come across a couple issues late last week regarding RTP packets not being and to get to and from our voice router and IP Phones. Users were experiencing one-way audio issues and I figured it had something to do with the recent switch upgrade from 16.9.3 to 16.9.4.

VLAN configuration is pretty basic. One data, one voice. MX has the subnet IP of that VLANs and I gave the router a static address and then the IP phones pull via DHCP. However, the MX couldn't see the router in it's ARP table but was able to ping the router and all IP phones associated. 

I double-checked the release notes and couldn't find any information regarding this so I was thinking it had something to do with the recent upgrade on the MX. Release notes for 14.50 didn't mention anything  

For our remote sites, I typically designate a port on the MX68 for the voice router and voice gateway and ensure they are on the same VLANs as the IP phones. I do this so I do not consume more switch ports on the downstream switches. For a workaround I just plugged the router into the switch and not to the Meraki and was able to resolve the issue. 

One other issue we were seeing is the Voice Gateway (VG204) was showing to have the same IP address as the Meraki WAN/Internet interface within Call Manager. Not sure if this has anything to do with the router or what but I figured this was extremely odd. I've canceled the last upgrade on the MX that was originally going to upgrade to 14.50 until I find out more information. 

Anyone have any comments/suggestions? 

Switch: Cisco Catalyst 9300 - Version 16.9.4

1 REPLY 1
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels