MX67W with my LTE Modem

AbhiNiki
Comes here often

MX67W with my LTE Modem

Hi Meraki Champs,

I have huawei lte cpe b2368-66 modem that I wanted to connect my MX67W to, however I cannot get my MX go green when I connect the RJ45 coming out from my outdoor antenna. It works absolutely fine when I connect the RJ45 to huawei lte cpe b2368-66 modem. I can get the MX get an IP when I connect my MX to the LAN port of the modem, however that doesn't give public IP to the MX, hence it is not reachable from the internet.

I can't find a way to connect my MX anyway, and would appreciate any suggestions that might work. 

Many thanks,

Abhi

4 Replies 4
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

A few points of confusion here.

The Merak MX67W doesn't have an internal cellular modem, so it makes sense that an external cellular modem would be required between the antenna and the MX.

The MX67C does have an internal cellular modem, however external antenna are only supported on the RP-SMA connector, not directly over RJ-45. Also, only the Meraki external antenna (MA-ANT-MX) are officially supported.

MX67 datasheet for reference: MX67 and MX68 Datasheet - Cisco Meraki

AbhiNiki
Comes here often

Thanks Brash. Seems there is no way to connect the 67W then in that case. I have never tried the MX with a cellular modem before, hence the confusion 🙂...

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can plug the MX Internet port into the back of the cellular router with a LAN cable.  The MX does not need a public IP address on its Internet interface for most things to work.

Great stuff, will try it out and update. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels