MX67C LTE Carrier Switching?

AnthonyL
Conversationalist

MX67C LTE Carrier Switching?

How is LTE carrier switching performed on the MX67C integrated LTE modem?  I have two SIM cards, one AT&T and one Verizon. Both have been activated with the IMEI address of the MX67C's integrated LTE modem. the modem will only come up and connect on Verizon. When the AT&T SIM card is installed modem status simply says "Enabled" and shows no LTE connection.

Does the MX67C automatically switch LTE carriers based on inserted SIM card, or do I have to manually do some process when moving from AT&T to Verizon?

4 REPLIES 4
TuckerSmith
Just browsing

Hi Anthony,

I have a question concerning the cell plans around the LTE modem since it seems like you have already been through that process. And I am assuming you need to purchase a monthly data plan for the MX67C? What are the options? cost?

Sorry I can't help you with your request.

Tucker

Yes, you need a data service plan from a carrier such at AT&T.

davidvan
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

@AnthonyL We just updated the instructions for setting up cellular failover. See here.

You may need to power down the device as opposed to doing a hotswap.

hockeydude
Getting noticed

I was able to get it to work on FirstNet (with black sim) with an apn of firstnet-broadband. Our rep advised not to use FirstNet cause it's not FirstNet-capable - but it did work, even if no band 14. AT&T sim did not work. Going to activate a Verizon card to see if it works. Probably just have to light up sim, power down MX, replace sim & power back up.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels