MX67 with a domain controller/dns managed server 2016

LSgroundcontrol
Just browsing

MX67 with a domain controller/dns managed server 2016

I am stuck with IP conflict and need a video on how to setup mx67 with a DC.  Thank you for any help.

7 REPLIES 7
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Configuration Overview

The following steps outline the required configuration (both in Dashboard and Active Directory) to allow for AD-based group policy application. Please be sure to follow each step as accurately as possible, errors can be difficult to diagnose and resolve.

1. Create an Active Directory site for the MX so users authenticate against the correct Domain Controll...
  2. Enable security auditing on Active Directory Domain Controllers so the MX can obtain all relevant lo...
  3. Enable the Global Catalog role on each Domain Controller because the MX uses LDAP/TLS over TCP port ...
  4. Install a digital certificate on each Domain Controller for LDAP/TLS.
  5. Certificate Requirements for TLS
  6. Create groups in Active Directory which will be mapped to Group Policies in Dashboard.
  7. Add users to groups in Active Directory. 
  8. Configure Group Policies in Dashboard.
  9. Configure Active Directory Authentication in Dashboard.
  10. Create LDAP group to Group Policy mappings in Dashboard.

Multiple Language Server Support

The support to query Microsoft Active Directory servers configured for non-English languages is presently not supported. This functionality is currently under consideration by the Product and Engineering teams. We do not have an ETA on implementation.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Content_Filtering_and_Threat_Protection/Configuring_Active_Direc...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I just need my mx67 appliance to pass through its static IP to my network, server 2016 ( DC is my dhcp/dns).  Not sure what to or how to set the WAN IPv4 confi manual?

LSgroundcontrol_0-1685572469438.png

confused to what should the MX IP, subnet, gateway and primary dns as I am a partially dumb and CEO with no network admin at moment.

In that case I suggest you hire a Meraki partner company to help you.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What do you want the MX67 to use the DC for?

How does the IP conflict fit into this picture?  What is broken, and how do you see the issue?  What do you see not working?

I have a windows server as dhcp/dns 2016, i am not sure what IPs i use for the static lan/wan.  I am bringing in a verizon mobile home cellular modem and connecting to my mx67.

that said, stuck on what i use for the IPs to tell meraki to directly go to my dns server 10.0.1.100 ?

I think it might be easier to use the Cisco Partner Locator:

https://locatr.cloudapps.cisco.com/WWChannels/LOCATR/openBasicSearch.do 

And find someone near your location to come in to help.  I'm sure the investment in their time will be well worth it, and will also help get you up to speed.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels