MX67, FritzBox, Telekom

Snazmeister
Conversationalist

MX67, FritzBox, Telekom

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to move off the Fritzbox and terminate everything on the MX67. This is a business xDSL line.

I've tried the passthru mode on the fritzbox (FB) and used the usual access number (Zugangsnummber) and password, but with no joy. I do, of course, remove the configuration from the FB when I do this.

I've been told by Meraki engineers that it is indeed possible and they have customers that have done this but without any further details.

Anyone experience of this? If this can be solved, my teleworker solution is complete.

Thanks/Danke

7 Replies 7
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is what I do:

• FB runs in routed mode; I have a dedicated transfer network between FB and MX. typically 192.168.177.0/24 for the first FB (Telekom at my home) and 192.168.178.0/24 for the second FB with the connection Vodafone to MX
  • The FB has static routes to the MX IP
  • The MX is configured for NAT-Exemption to avoid double NAT.

This works fine but the NAT-Exceptions have some restrictions:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Networks_and_Routing/NAT_Exceptions-No_NAT_on_MX_Security_Applia...

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That‘s (almost) as I‘m running it too. Just using different subnets 😉

Hi Karsten, how do you manage to get your IPv6 to pass through? If you do manage this at all?

I take it that you've not managed to have the MX run as the xDSL termination point? i.e. it runs the PPPoE authentication.

It all depends. With redundant MXes, there is no IPv6, and I don't use PPPoE to have both ISPs on both MXes.

On other devices, I use PPPoE on the MX, but not with FB.

At home, I have two FBs, only one MX, and an IPv6 /56 prefix only from Telekom. This is delegated to the internal network.

Hi Karsten,

I cannot for the life of me, get the MX to complete the registration with PPPoE. Is there something I should be asking Telekom for? This is business xDSL not the consumer stuff.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Does your xDSL circuit use a VLAN tag or something like that?

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

And for "modem" mode, I have a better experience with Draytek Vigor than with FB.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels