MX64W and MX84 VPN Participants

SOLVED
Farner-Bocken
Conversationalist

MX64W and MX84 VPN Participants

MX64W and MX84 products.

I'm having an issue that is only cosmetic but is bothering me none-the-less.  When I've set up everything location we have a "- wired" tag after them and I have no idea why.  I can't remove the tag as it only shows up in the Remote VPN Participants and in the VPN Status of our MX84 dashboard.  VPN Status.PNG

It doesn't show up for every address and that's the part that's bothering me.

Thank you for any input that you all can provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

See the very end of this doc for splitting networks: https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Organizations_and_Networks/Combined_Dashboa...

You can then rename the network to the desired name. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

If you are using combined networks (multiple Meraki product types in the same network), then each network "type" actually gets a - (product) appended to the name. "Wired" is the name for MX, "switch" is the name for MS and "wireless" is the name for MR. You'll see this in the Dashboard URL when you're in each product config area. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12

Is there any way to change that?

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

If you run non-combined networks they will be named exactly what you name them. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12

The problem is I have some that have the wired tag and some that don't, so is there any way to change them?VPN Status.PNG

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

Is the Owatonna network combined or MX only? 

MRCUR | CMNO #12

They should all be MX only, but we set them all up as combined in case we wanted to add anything in the future.  Can we change the hardware type after they are set up or is that not possible though?

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

See the very end of this doc for splitting networks: https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Organizations_and_Networks/Combined_Dashboa...

You can then rename the network to the desired name. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels