MX64W Windows Laptops

SOLVED
Dan_Nicolet
Here to help

MX64W Windows Laptops

I installed a MX64W at one of our outreach stations last fall. Everything worked wonderful. After the semester ended, the appliance had little to no traffic associations until today, the beginning of the semester. Apple iPhones connected without issue, but our Windows laptops running Windows 7 would not connect. I could see the last time they connected which was December 19, 2018. I rebooted the appliance and this resolved the issue. Anyone else experience anything similar?

I am curious to what caused this. I was suspect of the clients and spent considerable time troubleshooting until changing my focus on the MX. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the input. I upgraded to 13.33 last night, so tonight it is scheduled for 14.37 version. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you aren't using the 14.x train (such as 14.37) I would move onto that.  It solves all sorts of minor issues.

Is that a beta version? I am currently on MX 13.33. Scheduled for update tonight to MX 13.36. 

Thanks

Meraki have it "labelled" as that - but in my opinion it is better than the stable 13.x train.

We have very few clients left still using 13.x.

I suspect 14.x will officially become the stable train within the next 6 months (if not sooner).

I scheduled the upgrade. As always, thank you. 

Nash
Kind of a big deal

Agreed. It's been beta for ages, but I've installed 14.x on more than a dozen devices now without any problems. It fixes so many tiny issues that it's absurd.

Thanks for the input. I upgraded to 13.33 last night, so tonight it is scheduled for 14.37 version. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels