MX64 blocking Synology Diskstation onedrive cloud sync

Spamhater007
Conversationalist

MX64 blocking Synology Diskstation onedrive cloud sync

Hello,

I've just installed the MX64 in my test environment.  I have a Synology Diskstation that I use to sync onedrive data (Office Home 365).  Since the installation, the cloud sync fails.  If I remove the MX64, and replace with my previous Firewall, cloud sync starts working again.  (https://www.synology.com/en-us/dsm/feature/cloud_sync).

I have tried white listing the synology diskstation.  No luck.  I do have firewall forwarding rules for other Synology features: SMTP, Web, Audio, Video, etc.  I do not have any rules for blocking outbound traffic other then the default out-of-box settings.

I have turned off AMP and IDS.

Any ideas of where to start trouble-shooting?

Thanks, Tony

8 REPLIES 8
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We use a synology without issue. We are using 14.x firmware on our MX64.

Everything else is working, only the cloud sync to onedrive is failing.

I have two NIC's in the synology bonded for redundancy.  I see this event log on the Meraki: 

Jun 15 08:23:45 DSDATA Client IP conflict MAC: 00:11:32:39:40:76 also claims IP: 192.168.1.10
Jun 15 08:23:45 DSDATA Client IP conflict MAC: 00:11:32:39:40:75 also claims IP: 192.168.1.10

Could that be cause?  It is not connected to a managed switch.

Try to use only one NIC and unbind them.

Unbind them and only connect one NIC.

Has anyone had success with a bond on the Synology working when plugged into an MX?

Happiman
Building a reputation

Meraki MX won't accept a port channel link aggregation.

Mine works ok even with aggregation port.

What MX license are you using?

I noted that only one of the ports has any traffic of merit, so it works but not as intended.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels