MX60 wifi internet backup

ADrew
New here

MX60 wifi internet backup

I know that I can buy a cellular network fallover, but is there a way to have it connect to a cellphone's wifi hotspot instead?

5 REPLIES 5
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Not that I've ever heard, nope.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Nash
Kind of a big deal

Cellphone hot spot? Nope.

A cellular modem with RJ45 ports? Sure can! We did this for a client at a cold site after a tornado, uh, ate their roof and flooded half their building.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

> connect to a cellphone's wifi hotspot 

I've wished to be able to plug in a smart phone via USB to an MX as an emergency "get out of jail" option to get a downed site back up again for investigation.

cta102
Building a reputation

Have to say that I have wanted this ability for a while, even if it was limited to a couple of specific phone models to save Meraki support from calls about obscure android phones not behaving as expected.

DillonofAnch17
Getting noticed

No and that is not something I have heard even mentioned prior. This is probably due to the fact that Meraki has the 67/68 models with a sim card. If they allowed cell phone hotspots it would completely take away that business in my assumption.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels