MX250 Stability Issues

hilehoffer
Here to help

MX250 Stability Issues

Working with a customer to implement SD WAN using MX 250s asone armed hubs in their data centers, and I was wondering if any has had issues with the MX 250s randomly going offline.  We are on beta code and trying out BGP, and I am concerned about the stability of the platform.  Also would like to know if anyone had any failed MX250s following a firmware update?

In our case one of the 2 DC MX250s failed appears to have failed a couple weeks ago following an upgrade to 14.31 and has not recovered yet.  Meraki support has first recommended a physical power cycle wich we have not done.  I noticed the other MX250 just went offline today.

8 Replies 8
dkuhn
Conversationalist

We had issues with our MX250s rebooting when IDS/IPS was enabled (caused by the Snort engine updating).

Adam
Kind of a big deal

Was there something you needed in the beta code set or can you drop them back to the latest stable?  Knock on wood, our MX's have been pretty stable. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

We haven't deployed too many of the MX250's yet, usually opting for the MX450 when we get near 1Gbps Internet services.

That said, I have a case open right now involving an MX250 where I'm concerned about its capacity and resources... But we have yet to prove what the cause of the problem is. It's been online and running for over a month now so from that side it looks stable. 

Customer really wants to do BGP as the they have MX 250s as one armed hubs in 2 data centers.

They are also sending around 700 BGP routes to the Data Center appliances.
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

I have seen an MX250 go offline following a firmware update which was resolved with a power cycle. I have not had a complete failure after updating firmware. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Dumb question; but I assume you have a support case open?

Because you are on beta code because you want the BGP support (and I would want the same BGP support if I was in your situation) its going to be hard to help.  You have to expect some issues when using beta code, and these issues need to feed back into support so they can get bugs raised to get issues fixed.

I do have a ticket open.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels