MX105 and MX85 clusters setup

Marcel_Smal
Comes here often

MX105 and MX85 clusters setup

Good day community,

I hope that someone here can assist me with this design i am working on, this is the first time setting up a Meraki MX Firewalls.

We have 4 ISP internet connections that will be connected to 4 different cisco routers and the routers are then connected to two differrent Meraki Clusters here is a diagram of what the design looks like.

However I would like to know if this will work as intended. 

Here is the diagram. I would love some input on the design.

Meraki Cluster design.png

7 Replies 7
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It should work, I've already implemented a very similar topology.

But just to understand each pair will be a correct HUB?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hi Alemabrahao,

Oke so if you mean that each cluster will be in their own network within the dashboard yes.

The way that we saw this working is that you have one cluster for the heavy duty traffic like guest internet access and mostly the IOT devices that connect everything together on the MX105.

And then for streaming and point of sales systems to be on the second MX85 clusters. 

You say that you have configured the same sort of topology did you also have 4 ISP connections for different uses?

Exactly, the only difference is that I have two data centers in my topology, but I used 4 links.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

How will you manage the failover on the 9500s between the two clusters (or do you even need failover of the Internet circuits)?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you need 4 x ISP circuits?  Life would be much simpler if you could drop back to just two ...

Hi Philip,

Yes we need 4 ISP circuits, each circuit will have its own function. There is no failover planned between these circuits. 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Marcel_Smal looking at the bandwidths, it appears that you have a 1Gb circuit, a 500Mb one, a 100Mb one and a 10 Mb one.  Why not just have everything across two 1Gb circuits, then all services could have a degree of high availability?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels