MX100 and ADSL Link with Fixed IP

Rajinder
Here to help

MX100 and ADSL Link with Fixed IP

Dear All,

I have  MX100 and an ADSL link of 100mbps with fixed IP. Need to terminate this link on Cisco meraki MX100. I am not able to find any proper documentation.

Can somebody assist me on this.

5 REPLIES 5
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @Rajinder I think you might be asking how to configure your MX100 with the corresponding static IP information, and you do that using the local status and configuration page.  Easiest way is to connect into the management port and open a browser and go to setup.meraki.com or my.meraki.com and the MX will intercept that and show you the local status page.  There will also be a configuration tab where you can set up your static WAN settings from your ADSL provider.  Here are a couple of links that should help and explain the process.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX-Z/Installation_Guides/MX100_Installation_Guide

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Using_the_Cisco_M...

Dear Dave,

Thank you for the reply.

I have an IP address from ISP end. I just need to configure it on the WAN Interface including DNS, so that it can reach internet.

Routing/NAT is require to terminate the link on Meraki MX100, or simply I need to terminate the link and configure the Static IP on the WAN Interface in order to make it work.

Thanks and Regards,

Rajinder

Hi Rajinder

You may configure the IP and DNS on the WAN Interface directly. However make sure the IPs can reach internet by configuring the same on your Laptop.

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network

Correct, you can use that local status & configuration page to place the static IP, gateway and DNS info right on the WAN1 interface of the MX100 via the management port, and then plug in your ADSL modem/router to WAN1, and while still connected to the management port, watch/refresh the local status page to confirm the MX100 is reaching out to the cloud to grab its firmware and configuration.  The other indication is to keep an eye on the MX100 power LED, which might be rainbowing during bootup and may also be flashing orange or white indicating a firmware update.  Then watch for it to go green in Dashboard.

Dear All,

Thank you very much for the reply. Yes, I did it and things are working.

Regards,

Rajinder

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels