MX device local status page

SOLVED
tantony
Head in the Cloud

MX device local status page

By default does any user on the network have access to the MX device local status page (the default gateway IP) also known as the http://wired.meraki.com page?

Because a user could see what the default gateway is by doing an ipconfig and go to the ip to see the local status page right?  

Is there a way to restrict access to the local status page or wired.meraki.com page only to the admin users?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Under Network-wide / General you will find the below sections where you can disable the local status pages.  They will remain off unless you re-enable them.

Screenshot_20211216-225451_Chrome.jpg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can simply disable the local admin page and then if you need it, as an admin, you can enable it for that moment.

tantony
Head in the Cloud

@cmr 

Thanks, so I can only temporarily disable it?  How do I do that on the MX dashboard?

Is there any security issues with leaving it open?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Under Network-wide / General you will find the below sections where you can disable the local status pages.  They will remain off unless you re-enable them.

Screenshot_20211216-225451_Chrome.jpg

tantony
Head in the Cloud

ok thank you @cmr 

tantony
Head in the Cloud

Any security issues with leaving the status page open for all users?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If it is only employees then I'd say it isn't a major issue, but if it is the public then it would be better to disable it unless you need it.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels