MX connectivity to third party or cloud hosted firewall services

ksridhar
Here to help

MX connectivity to third party or cloud hosted firewall services

Hi,

I would like to know if the Meraki SD-WAN solution provided with MX appliances support integration with 3rd party firewall services hosted in cloud environments. 

Thanks,

Krishna

6 REPLIES 6
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This can be done by building "3rd Party Tunnels" to your Cloud Security provider, but won't be anywhere as flexible as native AutoVPN e.g. using the native Umbrella integration.

Thanks very much for pointing that out. I also understand that when we establish a "Non-Meraki VPN Peer" all MX sites will have this configuration as this is considered organization-wide. Is there any way to isolate it to just one site/branch? 

Aah! Missed the Availability tags aspect. Will check that out and get back if I have any specific queries!

Thanks once again.

Hi,

As I understand from the documentation, the availability tags are associated to a given network comprising of many appliances. If we were to configure Non Meraki VPN to a third party firewall service such as zscalar, is there a way we can associate the VPN configuration with just one of the appliance in the network associated with a specified tag? 

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@ksridhar : The answer to your question is Yes and go through what @CptnCrnch suggested 

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you are referring to Amazon AWS or Azure or Google Cloud then there is a native solution for them, VMX.

https://meraki.cisco.com/product/security-sd-wan/virtual-appliances/vmx-small/ 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels