MX - WAN configuration

Solved
MauroF
Here to help

MX - WAN configuration

Hi all,

I am migrating an MX from one organization to another (same client). Once migrated, I would like to configure the WAN with the same static public IP. My question is: since there is no DHCP on the provider's side, is it possible that the signal won't connect?

My fear is that i will lose my MX .

Is it then better to configure via dashboard the interface statically before connecting it to the network, or is it safer to go to the client's site and set the IP via the Local Page?Whats the best practice?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, if you continue using the same ISP with the same IP, yes.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Check it out.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Inventory_and_Devices/Moving_Devices_between...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The safest thing is to leave the MX with the IP configured.

OK, weird cause when i go to remove the network from the Appliance i expect the IP to be delete automatically

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Not really, it keeps the IP settings static.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The MX will only lose this configuration if you factory reset it.

So you are saying that....when i remove the network from a MX  and  i claim it in the new organization, the connectivity should work fine without any othe configuration on the WAN Public interface?is that correct?

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, if you continue using the same ISP with the same IP, yes.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can trust me, I've done this many times. 😉

MauroF
Here to help

thanks for the reply but there is not sign of what i asked for.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels