MX WAN Usage

RobMT
Conversationalist

MX WAN Usage

I'm running an mx64 off of a verizon cradlepoint. In the past I've used right at 10GB on the lines. Since installing the mx64 I'm finding I'm using about 65GB on that same....

All the while the portal shows I'm using about 6.8GB of data over the same 30 day period. Has anyone else seen a major discrepancy like this before? Does anyone else use a 4G connection with one of these? 

7 REPLIES 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm in a different country to you and don't use Verizon, but we have used 4G and haven't had any issues with volume reporting.,

RobMT
Conversationalist

Did you notice an increase in usage?

For example, before meraki my usage was at 9.82GB a month. After 64.2GB a month. Meraki reported 6.8gb used for the 64gb period.

bbae
New here

I think that it counts all traffic from/to the devices connected to MX64 if you have.

Meraki lover!
Slava
New here

Just examine the usage carefully. As report also includes all the LAN to LAN comms.

lpopejoy
A model citizen

I don't believe the report includes Lan to Lan communication unless it traverses a VLAN or you are using a  MS switch.

Undecided
New here

How did you connect the cradle point to the Mx64..It's new to me and m new to Mereki!!
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Another person reported an issue like this and it turned out to be the MX trying to repeatedly do a firmware upgrade and failing. Traffic to and from the MX to the Meraki cloud does not show up in the portal.

If you are still experiencing issues with traffic usage have support check your unit is not attempt to upgrade itself and failing.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels