MX Series Life Cycle Management

TninjaK
Conversationalist

MX Series Life Cycle Management

Hello all,

Forgive me if this has already been asked or is in the wrong place but I did a search and couldn't find anything on the topic.

We would like to get an idea as to the average lifespan of an MX device. They seem to be incredibly reliable but as with any hardware, things can start to wear out and eventually fail. We have a typical refresh cycle recommendation for our computer systems at about 3 years and was wondering how long others keep their MX devices in operation. For example, I have an MX80 coming up on a license renewal. It is approaching 3 years old and I am wondering is it worth it to renew the license for say another 3 years making it 6 years old by the time we consider it for a refresh or replace the device with a newer MX series device. Thank you in advance for any guidance you can provide on this.

1 REPLY 1
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I tend to sell my customers 5 year licences.  I advise them to upgrade the MX at that time.

In your case you could go to the incredibly faster MX84 and get a bigger Internet circuit, or save some money and potentially drop down to an MX64/MX65 (depending on the number of users).

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels