MX Roadmap

Solved
MPoteet
Conversationalist

MX Roadmap

Hello fellow (Merakineers, Merakans, Merakians, Merakiis, Merakers?),

This is mainly toward the Meraki Development Team. I was wondering what future outlooks you have on the MX series.

We are currently running a load-balanced configuration with two different ISPs at 1GB each over the last few years and now looking to upgrade both of our ISP connections to 10GB but saw that you don't offer an MX with 10GB WAN throughput (just 1-6).

Is this on the roadmap? 

1 Accepted Solution
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Roadmap info is never going to be published here (or anywhere else). Your best option is speak with your Meraki Sales team.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Roadmap info is never going to be published here (or anywhere else). Your best option is speak with your Meraki Sales team.

Thank you Ryan.  I will contact them.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you are now at 2*1Gig, How soon will you crush the 4 to 6 GBit of an MX450? I would assume that no one will notice. And I have multiple customers running an MX84 on a Gig Link. For sure they don't get the linseed, but typically they don't even realize that the firewall is the limiting factor.

MPoteet
Conversationalist

Thank you for the reply KarstenI.

About 70% of our services are cloud-hosted and could rise to over 90% percent within the next two years (some of those services that are not currently cloud-hosted are a little more bandwidth-heavy). We would like to make sure we have the available bandwidth we need for all the services plus some wiggle room 😀.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Well, than it has to be likely a different firewall. Or a dirty hack. Two (or three) MX450 (likely HA pairs) in different Dashboard networks and a central switch load sharing the traffic to these firewalls. Sadly this completely breaks the visibility in the dashboard.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It might be best to get the MX450 but plan to only keep it for 3 years.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels