MX Resource Utilization

CLCraddock
Here to help

MX Resource Utilization

Dear Community,

We recently ran into an issue where one of our MX450 VPN Headend devices just randomly stopped passing traffic. The interfaces on the device were up/up (WAN and LAN) but the device could not be reached. We ended up having to power cycle the device to bring it back. We are considering if this may have been due to resource utilization at the time. Granted, this is the first time in 2 years since we have had the device that this has ever happened. Is there any way to view resource utilization statistics such as CPU, Memory? I can't see any place in the dashboard where this info is available and SNMP is only offering limited visibility. 

Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@CLCraddock you need to log a support ticket.  They can access this sort of information.

MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

I'd also add that next time this happens (If it does). Access the local status page of the MX450 (If possible) and download the support data. 

Pass this info to the Meraki support team. It'll help diagnose any issues and provide logs which might be lost after a reboot of the appliance.

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

MX appliance utilization is shown under an appliance Network-specific Organization > Summary report.

More info here:   https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Device_Utilization

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels