MX PAT different internal subnets to going 'out' via different public IP (like ASA Global command )

Solved
treimers
Here to help

MX PAT different internal subnets to going 'out' via different public IP (like ASA Global command )

Hi -

I have a pair of redundant MX-450 firewalls (one license, two units), with a virtual IP between them, and separate public IP addresses for each physical unit.

Also have various static NATs.

I have a /26 public subnet from my ISP, so I have additional public IP addresses I can use.

Is it possible to have various internal subnets be nat/port address translated to separate public IP addresses

'on the way out' through the MX?

ie -

Internal hosts

10.25.0.0/15 > nat outbound to 182.141.252.14/32 (not my real IP, but.. you get the drift)

Guest network

192.168.25.0/23 > nat outbound to 182.141.252.214/32 (again...not mine, just an example)

In an ASA, this would look like

nat (inside) 1 10.25.0.0/15
global (outside) 1 182.141.252.14/32

for the internal traffic above

and for guest

nat (guest-dmz) 2 192.168.25.0/23
global (outside) 2 182.141.252.214/32

How can I do something similar with the MX-450?

We desperately need for our internal traffic to be "appearing" on the public Internet from one public IP

and our guest traffic to "appear" on the Internet from a different IP.

Thanks Tim

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No.  It can't be done.

You would need to use an additional MX (or pair of).  One for you guests, and one for internal.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No.  It can't be done.

You would need to use an additional MX (or pair of).  One for you guests, and one for internal.

Thanks! 

Not what I wanted to hear, but..... 

We'll figure it out...

Thanks Tim

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels