MX Appliance Active Directory Connection

3ffdot
Here to help

MX Appliance Active Directory Connection

I have an MX in between a layer 3 switch and an ASA.  The MX is unable to connect to the AD server which is on a different subnet.  It is able to ping the server and both the switch and ASA have paths to the AD server so I'm not sure why it isn't able to connect.  Since I have the MX setup in passthrough mode, I'm not able to set and static routes on the appliance.

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This article is about using Active Directory together with group policies, which may not be what you want.  However this article is much more detailed on the setup with AD than the others and includes a trouble shooting section.  So take the best bits from it:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX-Z/Group_Policies_and_Blacklisting/Integrating_Active_Directory_w...

Yea, it was connected at for a while but I changed the connections between the layer 3 switch and the ASA.  Since then, the connection to the AD server has failed.  It's like the MX can use the LAN connection to locate the server since it's on a different subnet.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels