MX 64 load balancing questions

kelseikini
New here

MX 64 load balancing questions

Hi,

I have seen quite a few questions and discussions around Meraki load-balancing, but nothing clarified 100% my question:

I have 2 DSL links coming into a single MX64 Meraki and want to utilise both links to give some sort of increased bandwidth; I just want to make sure that I can simply connect the 2 seperate DSL modems into the Meraki (WAN port and enable a LAN to be a WAN port & then necessary Meraki config) and not have to deal with LACP, this seems to indicate I won't need the MX64 to connect to a single device using LACP for load balancing:

..and that the MX has its own " proprietary algorithm to provide load balancing across two Layer 3 links " without needing:

1 Reply 1
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

meraki mx can not do lacp. and its not needed for the wan. they are 2 seperate wans doing load balancing based on flows/sessions.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Firewall_and_Traffic_Shaping/MX_Load_Balancing_and_Flow_Preferen...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels