cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX-64 Wired network user access

Conversationalist

MX-64 Wired network user access

I'm very new to the Meraki ecosystem but I tried to search and cannot find an answer. 

There's probably multiple ways, but how do I configure my MX-64 to use a MAC address table that I set to allow connectivity to clients under this firewall/router? I want an unknown device to be blocked from my meraki network unless I specified its MAC address in settings. So basically, block every client/device unless whitelisted. This question is in reference to a wired network. Firmware MX 13.23

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Building a reputation

Re: MX-64 Wired network user access

As of now, no real MAC filtering in the MX line. I think there is some on the MS lineup...at least last time I checked.

BHC Resorts IT Department
Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

Configure your default firewall policy to block.

Create a group policy that overrides the firewall policy and allows traffic,

Then to allow a particular client (which is based on layer 2 MAC address by default) click on the client  and assign your group policy from above.

Highlighted
Head in the Cloud

Phillips got it sorted!

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
Highlighted
New here

Hi Philip,

Will it also work for vpn clients? trying to remotely connect to my net. I am looking to add an extra layer of authentication. 

Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

I haven't played much with restricting VPN clients.  One of the issue with VPN clients is you can't apply a restriction until they have connected once.

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.