MSP: Capturing information about an SDWAN prior to deployment

mander5
Conversationalist

MSP: Capturing information about an SDWAN prior to deployment

What does anyone use to document the desired configuration of site/s prior to jumping on the Dashboard?

In order to ensure a smooth transition to any new network, documenting the current and target configuration is often invaluable. 

I'm looking for a tool that has structure, can be shared with customers and 3rd parties, is version-controlled and centralised, something which can provide some input validation for things like IP addresses and duplicate information like the same VLAN twice... in a perfect world the data can be taken and provisioning automated directly (we have an automation tool already). I would like something which is guided and prompts users to complete config elements.

Desperately hoping to avoid Excel due to the lack of a native validation for IP addressing amongst other things.

1 REPLY 1
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Not directly what you need, but I think it could all be done with NetBox:

https://github.com/netbox-community/netbox

For the Automation, an API is available. But the system is also quite complex ...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels