MAC address on which port

Arnaud003
Just browsing

MAC address on which port

Hi 

I want known what is connected on each port of my MX68. Is there a way to know the mac address connected on a port

Thanks for you answer 

best regard

7 REPLIES 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No.  You can only do this with the MS siwtches.

Thanks for your answer

So on every manageable switch, we can know what are connected on a port. With a MX, we must diconnected the cable and wait the screams😫

Incredible 😩

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As @PhilipDAth said, you can't typically see the MAC addresses of devices connected to the MX.

However, you can find LLDP/CDP information using the API - View LLDP or CDP information on MX device - The Meraki Community.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I can't believe it has been over two years since we had this data for a day or two and then it was 'temporarily' removed...

Dunky
A model citizen

You can go to 'Tools' on the Appliance Status page and cick 'Run' next to ARP table.

This will tell you what VLAN the MAC's are in which you can hopefully map to a port on the MX.

It will obviously only have those that have not aged out, so maybe worth doing a ping across the entire subnet beforehand to populate the cache.

HTH

Steve

Thanks for you answer

I saw the "arp Table" but it's missing the port. so i don't know how the port is used

Best regard

But it will show the VLAN and you can tell what port the VLAN is on - unless you have setup the MX ports as access ports?

Dunky_0-1640267740390.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels