Live data graph on Uplink page

GregasG
Here to help

Live data graph on Uplink page

We have several small offices equipped with an MX64 with the WAN interface connecting to a cable modem and a USB cellular dongle for a backup connection.

I've noticed that the Live graph on the Uplink page usually displays traffic for Cellular/WAN.  Sometimes though, it displays Total/download on the graph.

Does anyone know why I'm getting different graphs or is there a way to control which one I see?

6 Replies 6
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Your device should only be using USB/Cellular if the WAN connection(s) fail.  It'll still show it but the line should be flat.

Capture.PNG

What data are you wanting to get?

Also there is a difference in display if you are on the Security Appliance Summary tab vs the Uplink tab. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the reply. 

The graph on the Summary tab seems to consistently display Network usage but the graph on the one on the Uplink tab is sometimes shows Cellular/WAN and other times shows Total/download.

I think it normally displays Cellular/WAN as you mentioned.  I wonder if the Total/download display shows up only when the WAN link fails -- that's usually when I notice it.

Adam
Kind of a big deal

Are you wanting to find total utilization?  Network Wide>Traffic Analytics and select Security Appliance?  Or are you just wanting to see total utilization for a given interface?

I understand that I can get the information on other pages.

I was just curious as to why the information on the Live data graph changes.

Adam
Kind of a big deal

Being live data won't it be changing constantly?  Sorry for the basic questions, just trying to help where I can 🙂

Tony_Ang
Getting noticed

Hi @GregasG

I don't think you can.

You can only get Live Usage based on the WAN or if it's a Cellular.

I also tried on Organization > Monitor > Summary Report but it shows total usage too.

I actually logged a ticket to the Meraki support guys before but they said "nope".

So I will just make a wish 😄

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels