Limit bandwidth on guest wifi on MX

Solved
alceryes1
Here to help

Limit bandwidth on guest wifi on MX

Hi all.
(see pic) I'm looking to limit the bandwidth of users on my guest wifi. It looks like the only way to do this on an MX is by using the group policy function. Does this look right to limit my guest wifi (Guest Wifi IP range obfuscated) to 25Mbps?

TIA!

Meraki Dashboard.png

1 Accepted Solution
alceryes1
Here to help

NM. Found the right section. I totally missed seeing the custom expression in the traffic shaping rules. You just have to set it to the IP range you want to limit -

Meraki Dashboard1.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
alceryes1
Here to help

Initial testing shows that the group policy setting above does NOT work. Maybe it's configured wrong...?

Or, is there some other way to limit the bandwidth on just the Guest WiFi (which is a separate VLAN).

alceryes1
Here to help

NM. Found the right section. I totally missed seeing the custom expression in the traffic shaping rules. You just have to set it to the IP range you want to limit -

Meraki Dashboard1.png

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If this is a Meraki WiFi solution, then you can go Wireless/Firewall & Traffic Shapping, select the correct SSID, and then configure the traffic shapping.

PhilipDAth_0-1718922509186.png

This option does not appear to exist on Meraki MX sppliances with WiFi. It's only available on dedicated Meraki APs (MR devices).

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels