License activation issue

AAlannabi
Comes here often

License activation issue

Hello Team,

We just got 2 license keys as a renewal license for my assets. Noting I have Co-term license models. 

The assets licenses expired on 5th March, now we are in the grace period.

Anyway, I have activated the licenses and assigned it with the devices. But still the assets showing as expired. Noting that I can see that the new activation date is on 18th June 2024 on the dashboard which doesn't make sense!! I have logged a case with the support but they require 24 hours to respond. 

Please advise if I miss something. 

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You probably bought the wrong license. I suggest you contact your Meraki sales representative.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I found your Support case. The org you claimed these into is set for per device licensing.

The licenses are claimed, but neither are assigned to devices. You claimed the larger license on March 20th. PDL licenses if not assigned will activate it 90 days which is the June 18th date you see (March 20 > June 18 = 90 days).

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_Per-Device_Licensing_Overvi...

You need to still assign the licenses to your devices and you'll be good to go.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_Per-Device_Licensing_Overvi... 

AAlannabi
Comes here often

Thanks @Ryan_Miles I already assigned the Licenses to the devices, that's why I'm confused.

Can somebody from the Technical support join a quick session with to verify If I'm assigning the right license to the right devices?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels