Layer 7 on MX 400 does not work

MST
Here to help

Layer 7 on MX 400 does not work

Experts,

Seems like Layer 7 has a bug and does not work like it should. GeoIP allows traffic from countries which are on the list. Policy application set to Video & Music = pandora allows pandora co I can listen anything from pandora. 

I am confused by using MX since a lot of things is not working like it should. Any thoughts?

7 REPLIES 7
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

What firmware version are you using? The current stable MX firmware version is quite old at this point and seems to have plenty of bugs, especially with advanced L7 features & advanced security features. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
MST
Here to help

well where can I find that? Under "Firmware" I have up to date and no version is displayed. 

I was told I am on the latest stable version

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

Organization -> Firmware is where you can see the actual version numbers. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
MST
Here to help

I see now: 12.24 

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

I'd recommend trying the latest beta firmware. This is very likely what Support would suggest you do as well. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
MST
Here to help

sorry - but "beta firmware" scares me in terms of "beta". I have to ask if this is stable and tested in production?

I would love to use "beta" firmware but having 1500 clients connected to MX400 - we have to make sure the new beta firmware wont make any problems ....

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

Beta is a term used pretty loosely by Meraki. Many customers are running "beta" firmware. I'm currently running beta firmware on MX600's in production serving ~20,000 users. 

If you upgrade and run into issues, you can roll the firmware back without needing help from Support with the new firmware management tool. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels