Internet issue with mx64 firewall

Lakshmikanth
Here to help

Internet issue with mx64 firewall

We are using meraki mx64 firewall and facing some internet issues with the device. The Internet will work after 20 minutes of device ON. Previously, internet will come with in 5 to 10 minutes. Why device is taking more time to get an internet access. Can you please anyone help me.

7 REPLIES 7
AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi@Lakshmikanth 

Lets try to update the firmware.

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network

Thank you for  your quick response on the issue.

I will update the firmware. Is this problem solved after updating the firmware.

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

How is this related to Meraki Insight?

@SoCalRacer wrote:

How is this related to Meraki Insight?

Thanks, @SoCalRacer  - I just moved this over to the Security board.

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here
SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

@Lakshmikanth wrote:

We are using meraki mx64 firewall and facing some internet issues with the device. The Internet will work after 20 minutes of device ON. Previously, internet will come with in 5 to 10 minutes. Why device is taking more time to get an internet access. Can you please anyone help me.

During the 20 mins of no internet, what does the light do on the MX? I am guessing it is cycling colors meaning it is trying to connect to the Meraki dashboard. In that case, I would check the upstream device and or DNS settings on the MX uplink. After the 20 mins does the light go solid white?

When the MX finally connects are there any errors reported in the dashboard?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You need to check the local status page to see why it says there is a problem.

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Using_the_Cisco_M...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels