Internal UDP Port Pass Thru

soldb24
Just browsing

Internal UDP Port Pass Thru

See below.  We're having issues with out NTP servers, and the 1:1 Nat Rules, or others are wanting an external IP Address.

I need to let UDP Port 123 Pass thru

How’s it going. The NTP servers provided for the Gateways were not synchronizing properly so the end devices stopped receiving time syncs.

What happens is that the Gateways receive time syncs every 6+ hours and in turn send it out to all end devices including relays and meters. Without a proper time sync, the devices do not receive the syncs and do not know where they are. They report to Network manager but would fail to report to Yukon.

What I did was to use the APP server as an NTP server. I used regedit to make the necessary modifications and changed the NTP IP in the 6 gateways currently deployed. When deploying new gateways, use the IP of the APP (192.168.100.43) server in the field tool for NTP.

Could you also modify your firewall policy to allow UDP port 123 through for this to be successful

1 Reply 1
Adam
Kind of a big deal

I'm not sure of your exact config here but you can go to Security Appliance>Firewall then scroll down and you can do Port Forwarding, 1:1 NAT or 1:Many NAT depending on your application. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels