I need Meraki MX Enterprise licenses for two years

Solved
LeoAri
Comes here often

I need Meraki MX Enterprise licenses for two years

I need Meraki MX Enterprise licenses for two years because some MX are about to expire, reviewing there are only 1 year and 3 years, can I buy 2 1 year licenses and add them into a single device?

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

So you need to buy a 3 years license.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Nope, 

How much does an Enterprise Cloud license cost?

License prices vary for each product line. For example, a one-year wireless license list price is $150 and a three-year switch license list price is $400. Licenses are available for different time durations (1 day, 1, 3, 5, 7, and 10 years).

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

But if I need a license for 2 years?

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

So you need to buy a 3 years license.

Greenberet
Head in the Cloud

You could also buy 2x 1 year license, but create the start date in 1 year in the future for one of the licenses.
Depending on your sales partner this might or might not work.

The easiest solution would probably be to buy now a 1 year license and another one again next year.

It's still cheaper than the 3 year license, but the additional cost for the 3th year are much higher, if you want to extend it again.
E.g. LIC-MX67-ENT-1YR costs $343.20 GPL (686.40 for 2 years) and 3Y would be $772.70.
So there is just a difference of $86,30 for a third year. With discounts it's even less.

As @alemabrahao already said I would also go for the 3y license.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

A three year license only costs twice a one year license, the third year is free.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.