How to move a network to new organization?

Poonyalid
Comes here often

How to move a network to new organization?

Hi,

I'm newbie to Meraki.

Now I have only one organization with two network. Let's say Network A (MX65) and Network B (MX65W).

Both network A & B are on production and each of them has a lot of firewall config, VPN user login, traffic shaping, NAT, etc.

Now I want to separate Network B with all same configuration to a new Organization, let's say Organization B.

How to do that?

Will it has any down time?

Now I use my same administrator login email to create new organization B already.

But I don't know how to do next. Clone?

Please help.

Thank you very much.

Poonyalid 

3 Replies 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is going to involve quite a bit of pain.

The first issue I am wondering about is transferring a portion of licences between organisations.  You'll need to open up a support ticket to request this.

Then there is the easier bit, removing the device from the inventory in one organisation and add it to the inventory in the new organisation.

There is no easy way to transfer the settings between organisations.  I suggest you open up two browser windows side by side, and slowly copy the settings across one by one.

@Poonyalid From my knowledge Meraki support use to have the ability to perform an 'Org split'. You could request for networks from one organization to be split out into their own individual networks retaining their existing configuration and licensing. Avoiding the manual process and minimizing downtime.

Open up a support case with Support via the dashboard and ask for an 'Org Split'. This will allow you to see if they still can perform this task and ask you all the information they require to perform the split (New org Name, Which networks to split out, which licenses to transfer etc...) - Note, there is a slight outage experienced when performing the split so do it after hours, however Support will able to relay this information to you.

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

@MilesMeraki, that's exactly correct. I had to do this recently at my organization. Downtime was about 30 seconds.
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels