How to get off BETA track? (MX75)

Solved
DCrab
Here to help

How to get off BETA track? (MX75)

I only got my MX75 a few weeks ago, but just noticed it is using V16 BETA firmware. I have the NO BETA option checked for all devices. The last non-beta version is V15. When a non-beta V16 comes out, will my MX75 install that?  Or will it auto-continue to install V17 betas when they come out?

At this point I don’t want to ‘downgrade’ to the V15 stable release, but not sure what I should do to get on the production release when V16 arrives.

Dave

1 Accepted Solution
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

When new hardware products are released, it's usual for them to only support the newest releases of firmware - and this is the case with the MX75  (and the MX85, 95, 105, released at the same time).

Release 16 of firmware is therefore considered Stable specifically for those platforms.  You may see upgrades automatically scheduled for your MX75 to newer versions of 16.x as they become available  (these would also be Stable, for your MX75) but should not see similar for 17.x until it at least becomes available as a Release Candidate, in a future iteration.

MX75 will not run 15.xx firmware

More info on such dependencies is available here:  https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Firmware_Upgrades/Product_Firmware_Version_R...

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

When new hardware products are released, it's usual for them to only support the newest releases of firmware - and this is the case with the MX75  (and the MX85, 95, 105, released at the same time).

Release 16 of firmware is therefore considered Stable specifically for those platforms.  You may see upgrades automatically scheduled for your MX75 to newer versions of 16.x as they become available  (these would also be Stable, for your MX75) but should not see similar for 17.x until it at least becomes available as a Release Candidate, in a future iteration.

MX75 will not run 15.xx firmware

More info on such dependencies is available here:  https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Firmware_Upgrades/Product_Firmware_Version_R...

Okay.. that is pretty well what I was guessing.. Thanks for confirmation.

dave

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@DCrab the current MX16 firmware of 16.14 is a stable release candidate for all MX hardware, it hasn't been beta for a week or so.  MX17 is the current beta firmware.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels