How to Allow specific IPs in Inbound Rules MX75

Solved
AR_Rizvi
Comes here often

How to Allow specific IPs in Inbound Rules MX75

I would like to enable traffic on the MX75 firewall for specific IPs. However, I've noticed that in Meraki, there isn't an option available for inbound rules. Can anyone assist me with this?

1 Accepted Solution

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Support/Contacting_Support#Online

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Support would be able to enable inbound rules.

Otherwise, you can restrict access inbound via NAT: https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/NAT_and_Port_Forwarding/Port_Forwarding_and_NAT_Rules_on_the_MX#...

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Inbound rules are intended for when you create a NAT, that is, if you do not have a NAT by default all inbound traffic is blocked.

What specifically do you need to do? To try to help with your request.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

If inbound traffic is supposed to be blocked by default, why are all IPs outside the network able to access my resources?

What resources for example? Don't you have any NAT configured?

No NAT mapping is currently configured. We have offices in different locations, such as New York, California, Pakistan, etc. I would like to permit specific IPs for those destinations in the inbound rules of my MX firewall. Specifically, I want to allow inbound traffic from the public IPs of the California office and the public IP of the Pakistan office.

I don't understand, these are their offices, but do they also have MX in these locations? Do they have auto VPN configured?

In fact, there is a lack of information, if you can provide more information.

I'm sure if I try to access your resources I won't be able to, the only thing that justifies them accessing your resources is if they are participating in the auto VPN.

I just want to enable the inbound rules option in the MX75 appliance.

Additionally, Could you please share the support ticket link with me so I can open a support ticket for the Enabling Inbound Rules option? I would be grateful to you.

AR_Rizvi_0-1709144502384.png

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Support/Contacting_Support#Online

Thank you for your time and assistance. Appreciated.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels