How does a 3rd party non Meraki VPN work with Meraki autovpn spoke?

Erhan
Conversationalist

How does a 3rd party non Meraki VPN work with Meraki autovpn spoke?

Hi guys,

How can I communicate with the non- Meraki remote end and the Meraki remote end?

non meraki.jpg

3 Replies 3
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can not advertise a non meraki vpn subnet.  So you need to also build a non meraki vpn to the z3.

Another option is to build vpn from a different device behind the hub. And advertise that in autovpn 

https://www.willette.works/merging-meraki-vpns/

Erhan
Conversationalist

There is only one interface for VPN. It works as a z3 spoke. How do I set up a VPN from a 3rd party device?

As I understand it, I will not be able to merge networks without creating a new hub in a different organization.

Does the 2nd hub need to be Meraki? Can I join networks using another 3rd party device as a hub?

Thank you for the information

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The non meraki vpn is just one configuration. So all devices in the org will try to set up the vpn to that peer.  So if the 3rd party side also configure to connect the z3 it should work.

"Configure which MX or Z1 units in your Organization will connect to this peer. When "All networks" is selected, all MX and Z1 units will connect to the peer. When a specific network tag or set of tags is selected, only networks that have a listed tag will connect to the peer."

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels