How can we force one my VLAN's subnet to use WAN2 for upload and download

HaniAbuelkhair
Getting noticed

How can we force one my VLAN's subnet to use WAN2 for upload and download

How can we force one my VLAN's subnet to use WAN2 for upload and download ?

I know that using local preference is been set for such purpose but I am not sure if this is for the upload traffic to use WLAN2 but I am not sure about the download traffic from the internet how will use WAN2 and not LAN 1 

I need this subnet to use WAN2 for upload and downloads 

7 REPLIES 7
IT_Magician
Building a reputation

Under SD-Wan and traffic shaping, set the network you want and set primary uplink as WAN 2 and it will work.

Thanks for the update 

I did set the flow preference under SD-WAN & traffic shaping

But my question this will set both upload and download traffic to be using WAN2 ?

or only the upload ?

Capture.PNG

Both, setting it makes both upload and download go out WAN2

Thanks a lot

Really appreciated 

No problem. Once you setup the SD-WAN settings, go to Google and search what is my IP and confirm it is on your new WAN connection. Once confirmed you are good to go.

@HaniAbuelkhair what @IT_Magician states is correct, if you send traffic out of WAN2 it will come back to WAN2. The reason for this is that the MX will source NAT the traffic - the source IP address will be changed to the WAN2 IP address - so when the destination server responds it has to send the traffic to the WAN2 IP address (since it doesn’t know any other IP address to send it to), and then the traffic gets to the MX it reverses the NAT and sends the traffic to the internal server. Hope this helps.

Thank you all 

it works perfectly fine

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels