Handling DHCP Packets from a relay on Mx80

RNB
New here

Handling DHCP Packets from a relay on Mx80

I see that Meraki Mx80 allows to configure DHCP on static route entries. but I don't see how to link that to the option82 string coming from the relay agent. 

Screenshot 2020-03-03 at 6.14.13 PM.png

 could somebody let me know how to do this ?

3 Replies 3
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

If I interpret the docs correctly, you need configure the switch to relay the requests to the IP address that the MX has on the next hop subnet. Inversely, on the MX you'll have to configure the IP of the L3 switch doing the relaying. I wouldn't worry about the option 82. I think the MX will handle that part automatically behind the scenes.

For this part “ Inversely, on the MX you'll have to configure the IP of the L3 switch doing the relaying. ”

Where should I be configuring the IP of the L3 switch on Mx ? As part of GW address ?

--
Bhushana
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Yeah in the gateway field. As that is what the client needs to be using to reach the outside world (it can't use the MX's address because the MX isn't on the same subnet). I may have put that a bit poorly. It doesn't necessarily need to be the switch that is doing the relaying, but generally it will be.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels