Group policies with and without source field

zball8888
Conversationalist

Group policies with and without source field

I manage a couple of clients. both are running with an MX on the same code with the adv. Sec. license but one has the source field in group policy and the other does not. WHy?

zball8888_0-1705422668343.png

zball8888_1-1705422694206.png

3 Replies 3
Rimccart
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi zball8888, 

This is likely because one network has AD integration enabled and the other does not.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Creating_and_Applying...

Please see the above doc and the second blue note:

"

Note: Source IP addresses on layer 3 firewall rules are only configurable on WAN Appliance when active directory integration is enabled.

"

Can you confirm if one site has AD integration enabled?  

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Source IP addresses on layer 3 firewall rules are only configurable on WAN Appliance when active directory integration is enabled.

Creating and Applying Group Policies - Cisco Meraki Documentation

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Two excellent answers.

Also, when you think about it, it doesn't make sense to have a "source" when you apply a policy against a host.  The host itself must be the source.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels