Group Policy

Dammyfaruq
Comes here often

Group Policy

Please I will like to request for an help or a guide on how to create a group, add a particular policy to it and also add users to the group on cisco meraki dashboard.

Thanks in anticipation.

12 REPLIES 12
Dammyfaruq
Comes here often

Hi Haydn

Thanks for the support.
 I have created the policy already but i don't know how to add users to the policy.

What i actually intend on doing is creating different policies and adding different users to the policies.                           for example Policy A(Managers)  : 5mbps user(Faruq)   Policy B(Consultants) : 4mbps user(Tobi).

Although, i have created the group policies but the problem is how to add users to each policies.

Assuming you have integrated Active Directory already...

Security/ SD- Wan > Active Directory > LDAP Policy > Add the LDAP group to the 'Meraki Group Policy' you made

LDAP.JPG

Dammyfaruq
Comes here often

I don't think i have integrated Active Directory cause i can't see Security/ SD- Wan > Active Directory > LDAP Policy in my dashboard.

Is that the only way out and also please, how can i integrate the active directory

Thanks in anticipation

Dammyfaruq
Comes here often

Hi Haydn,

Thanks so much for the article you sent. I think i need a server to go through the steps.

Please is there any other way to achieve my aim without configuring the active directory.

Thanks in anticipation.

The only way I can think of would be to tag the individual client's with the policy, that creates an administrative headache though.

I could be wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me if that is the case but I think for what you are trying to achieve Active Directory would require the least time in the long run

Dammyfaruq
Comes here often

I also taught of that but again it will be very stressful cause it won't be easy to known the actual client.

I taught of something like creating different SSID for different users and see if i can add the policy to each groups.

Depending on your setup you could create a new SSID and push to a new VLAN I guess which might make it easier to maintain, If you do have the ability to integrate AD that would be the way forward

kredmore
Getting noticed

Careful, group scheduling is not working at the moment.

My group policy scheduling in the Dashboard stopped working last week, and when I called support, I was told it's a known issue with many reported tickets. No ETA for a rollback, and no more information was known as to the cause. I have a simple network all on stable firmware and tried all the troubleshooting actions, short of RMA.

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Group Policies can be found on the "Network Wide" tab. From there you can make your rules and assign clients to said policy.

Capture.PNG

Enthusiast

Hi Kytobi, Thanks for the support.
 I have created the policy already but i don't know how to add users to the policy.

What i actually intend on doing is creating different policies and adding different users to the policies.                           for example Policy A(Managers)  : 5mbps user(Faruq)   Policy B(Consultants) : 4mbps user(Tobi).

Although, i have created the group policies but the problem is how to add users to each policies.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels