Google meet glitches out on network

ITJosh
Conversationalist

Google meet glitches out on network

Our network has been having issues with Google Meet glitching out occasionally and giving the "Network Unstable" error. This only happens to clients on the network. Our internet speed should be able to handle this traffic just fine (500mbps up/down). This is happening to clients on Wi-Fi as well as directly connected. I set a traffic rule that sets video conferencing traffic to high priority, but it doesn't seem to help.

ITJosh_0-1660239561325.png

Did I do this right? Is there something else that I need to do or look for?

4 Replies 4
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The DSCP tagging is wrong. It should be : Expedited Forwarding (EF)

This will only help if there is congestion on your network and if the next equipement ( routers , switch and so on ) honor the DSCP tagging.

On your MX , do you see any latency or packet loss ? : 

RaphaelL_0-1660242647901.png

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Also , are you allowing UDP 3478 & 19302-19309 towards Google Meet services ?

ITJosh
Conversationalist

I changed the DSCP tagging, so Ill see how that goes. Something that I did notice is that at the same time as the issue was happening for a minute, there was a brief spike of packet loss from our uplink (3.3%). That happens once or twice a day, so that might explain it. I will monitor and see if they correlate with each other. Is there anything I can do on my end to help packet loss or latency, or would that be an ISP issue? (We use WAN 2 as our primary uplink)

ITJosh_0-1660318450302.png

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes it could be ! If you put the data for the last 2 hours , is the traffic near the limit of your links ?

If you are trying to push 600Mbps on a 500Mbps circuit your ISP may drop your packets. You might want to transfer some load to WAN1 in that case ( use loadbalancing ) 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels